Effective: May 31, 2023
Collection of your Personal Information
If EQUABLI has your personal information, it will be only because a creditor, with whom you have engaged in a voluntary credit transaction, has provided it to EQUABLI or because you have voluntarily provided data to us. EQUABLI works with creditors and others in the consumer financial services industry to assist with the collection of consumer credit accounts.
EQUABLI does not and will not collect or store personal information about consumers, other than those who have voluntarily entered into a transaction with an EQUABLI creditor client or who have voluntarily provided data to us.
Use of your Personal Information
EQUABLI will only use your personal information to operate and deliver the services that you have agreed to as part of a prior voluntary credit transaction or to fulfill a request that you have made to us.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
EQUABLI does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
EQUABLI may share data with trusted partners to help perform account collection activities, send you email or postal mail, or provide client and consumer support as permitted by consumer credit agreements you have signed. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide contracted services to EQUABLI, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
EQUABLI may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on EQUABLI or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of EQUABLI; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of EQUABLI, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by EQUABLI. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the EQUABLI website.
The EQUABLI website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Security of your Personal Information
EQUABLI secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Methods used by EQUABLI for this purpose include the following:
- Data is stored on the EQUABLI network which is protected by firewalls, Intrusion detection and prevention services and malware protection.
- Any transmission of personal information is encrypted in transit.
- Personal data is encrypted when stored within the EQUABLI environment.
- Access to personal information is provided only to individuals with a business need for that access.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Employees are strictly prohibited from disclosing information relating to consumers or consumers’ accounts to third parties and others outside of the company unless it is required to do so in relationship to performance under a client’s contract. To do so is a violation of the FDCPA, GLBA, HIPAA and of Company policy, as well as a breach of the Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement that all employees must read and sign.
Examples of customer information include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consumers’ names, addresses, Social Security numbers and other information that appears on customers’ accounts and applications.
- Consumers’ protected health information
In addition to being legally prohibited from disclosing customer information to third parties, all employees must prevent inadvertent disclosures of such information to third parties. Among other things, this means that employees must take all reasonable precautions to ensure that no unauthorized parties have access to such information. Finally, employees must never make use of the above information for non-business purposes or for any purpose outside the scope of their employment
Each employee will be held to the highest standards of the GLBA Safeguard Rules which:
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of customer records and information.
- Protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such records.
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of such records or information which could
result in substantial harm or inconvenience to any customer.
All information gathered, retained or generated by EQUABLI is confidential. This includes information provided to it by clients or relayed to it by consumers. There shall be no disclosure of any confidential information to anyone outside of EQUABLI without the appropriate authorization from the Executive Management team or the client.
It is each employee’s duty and responsibility to safeguard all confidential information. This includes the dissemination of information by any available means, including but not limited to telephone, fax and e-mail. When any inquiry is made regarding an employee or any former employee, the inquiry must be forwarded to the Human Resources department without comment on the reporters part. When any inquiry is made regarding any client, the inquiry must be forwarded to the Chief Compliance Officer.
EQUABLI shall adhere to all consumer rights stipulated in all approved/active legislation including:
- Right to access
- Right to correct
- Right to delete
- Right to opt-out of certain processing
- Right to portability
- Right to opt-out of sales
- Right to opt-in for sensitive data processing
- Right against automated decision making
- Private right of action
The above is subject to certain exceptions set out below, upon receipt of a verifiable request from a consumer, we will:
- Provide access to your personal information.
- Correct any incorrect or outdated information.
- Delete your personal information from our records.
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
- Provide a file containing your personal information.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests regarding your personal
information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction and/or account servicing for which the personal information was collected;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with our client;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
EQUABLI does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, EQUABLI may contact you via email for the purpose of general
communication regarding your credit account. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from EQUABLI or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving communications via email from EQUABLI, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on a link called STOP USING THIS EMAIL TO CONTACT ME or reply to the email with a similarly phrased request to stop further contact.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement